Nurturing the expectant couple
By Cindy Vincent FLT News Columnist – During pregnancy, a woman’s body is changed and challenged in so many ways—accompanying the physical changes in her body, comes new emotions and feelings. What could be more natural for a mother-to-be than to benefit from nurturing touch and gentle yoga while expecting her child? Both offer outstanding benefits for a happier, healthier pre-natal and post-partum experience during this beautiful time in a woman’s life.
Our upcoming workshop, “Enhance Your Birthing & Postpartum Experience with Massage & Yoga,” will help couples connect with each other and baby, as well as learn ways to enjoy this journey together.
This complete interactive workshop held on Sunday, July 27 from 1-4 p.m. at Optimum “CHI” Studio, will guide couples through:
• Intro to Pre/Postnatal Yoga with Brie Hobbs, RYT 200 Instructor, including safety do’s and don’ts, breathing techniques, and working with props during all trimesters
• A complete yoga practice with postures done individually and as a couple for relaxation to help develop strength, flexibility and endurance in preparation for childbirth, as well as stretches to help mom heal, regain flexibility and ease soreness postpartum
• Massage for moms designed for relaxation and relief from common pregnancy discomforts
• Massage techniques, positions and acupressure points to assist in the process of labor
• Partners need massage too! Simple shiatsu massage techniques are given in seated and floor positions, designed so the pregnant mom gets a workout to strengthen her back, hips and thighs while nurturing her partner
• Massage for the newborn and infant that aids in baby’s stress relief and strengthens the immune system while enhancing the parental/child bonds
Nash Maddan of Nash Image Photography will be on-site for class and individual keepsake photos of the afternoon. Class size is limited to 10 couples, and the fee $75 per couple, prepaid.
For more information, contact Cindy Vincent, LMT at 419-450-4940 or firstname.lastname@example.org.